SAS of Luxemburg has been manufacturing long forks for moving vehicles in salvage yards, auto recyclers, and auto pools since 1972. We have first hand knowledge of the needs of the users and the structural demands on the forks in this type environment. Long Forks are designed to fit your specific applications and usage pattern.
Handling cars from front with SAS Forks will prevent damage:
- Move cars quickly and safely without causing damage.
- Reach suspensions to lift on solid components. 15′ SAS Forks when used properly will not damage undercarriages, drive shafts, transfer case, transmissions, fuel tanks, etc.
- Save hundreds of dollars per day by handling cars from the front with SAS FORKS by eliminating door damage and loss of this inventory revenue as a result from side lifting damage.
- Cars remain stable and are held from sliding sideways by fixed distance between forks.
- Fast moving is ensured to be safe with the exclusive Standard 15′ SAS FORKS proprietary design that does not bounce. This is essential for moving cars and light trucks across rough and unpredictable terrain to ensure cars don’t flip off the forks.
- Protect revenue and front end components with SAS Bumpers.
Visibility of operator is provided with our see thru carriage for safety.
Quick entry under cars is provided with standard 3″ vertical blades which have 60% less chance hitting under chassis components than typical 8″ wide forks, resulting in less chance of pushing this car into the next one.
Lowest initial entry height is available with optional 6″ flat blades and more side rigidity when articulating the loader. Width of the blade does not affect vehicle stability.
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty on assembly with 3 years on standard 3″ x 5″ x 15.5′ blades.
- Replaceable skid pads on fork tips and carriage. Replaceable blades, usually 1 to 2 hours
Best suited for:
- 26,000 lbs. curb weight wheel loader minimum.
- Forklift with a load capacity of 14,000 lbs. at 2 feet or greater.